The Design Engineer is responsible for providing engineering design and drafting services in support of the Engineering Services Team charter. The function, as a remote integrated technical resource, provides technical services (Designing, Drafting and Basic Stress Analysis) for the sites outside Asia Region like US and Europe and provides functional support for the new product development process for Asia sites.
- Degree in Aeronautical/ Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 year experience in Design Engineering environment
- Highly conversant in Microsoft Office application software.
- Sound command of written & spoken English
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision and be a self-motivated individual.
- Proficiency in computer aided design and Solid Modeling. Experience in Catia (primary), or Pro-E tool (optional).
- Experience working in PDM environments such as: Enovia/MatixOne (primary) or Pro Intralink (optional).
- Proficiency in Stress Analysis tools: ANSYS, .etc.
- Knowledge of GD&T and mechanical design.
- Review of component and assembly drawings.
- Troubleshooting skills for product and tooling related issues.
- Capable of adhering to process procedure and comfortable working within a structured engineering document control system.
- Require a high degree of interaction with Customers or Vendors and also with other departments such as Quality, Production, Machine Shop and Purchasing, etc.
- Ability and maturity to lead and manage the projects efficiently to met the company goals. Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and assignments concurrently.
Must have effective written and verbal communication abilities (speak and write) in English.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No