Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Materials Planning Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
This position is responsible for Managing key materials related functions such as materials planning, scheduling and ordering activities associated with the delivery of specific customer products. Manages and directs materials planning personnel in the receipt and inventory of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels. Is expected to train and educate direct reports on the use of various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
- Ensure required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required
- Assist in Expediting material, where required, to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements
- Analyze data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
- Ensure correct planning parameters are utilized in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation
- Manage material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases
- Analyze and manages aggregate inventory levels in relation to customer requirements to meet profit and inventory targets and goals
- Arrange for the sale of scrap, obsolete, surplus materials and by-products in order to minimize excess material
- Evaluate operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Coordinate with central Corporate Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 years working knowledge in a manufacturing environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Los Angeles, CA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain/operations, business administration, economics, mathematics, or engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience working in metal fabrication, purchasing, or materials management positions
- 2 years working in Aerospace or Operations environment
- Masters in Business Administration or similar is preferred
- APICS certification a plus
- Knowledge of MFGPro
- Thorough knowledge of production planning, buyer/planning and master scheduling. Broad knowledge of general manufacturing techniques in order to direct production planning, materials handling and information systems.
- Exercise of judgment and tact in selecting and developing line supervisory personnel, directing their efforts and motivating them to perform at expected levels of proficiency.
- Heavy emphasis on material throughput, department loading, customer schedule and records maintenance and inventory reduction.
- Ability to interface at all levels is key in this position. Major support of activities with Manufacturing, Contracts, Marketing, Engineering, Quality and Product Line teams at site and throughout organization.
- Ability to solve complex problems of material management and to conceptualize and establish a system to deal with the issues related to providing high-quality product at a competitive price in a Lean manufacturing environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time