Eaton has an opening for a VP, Finance within the Controls & Protection Division, located in Moon Township, PA. The VP, Finance is responsible for managing the finance function for the 3 divisions of CPD ( ICD, PCD and Bussmann). This includes responsibility for ~15 facilities generating $~1.3B in annual revenue. In addition, this person will have responsibility for global coordination of ~$850M automation and controls global product line.
Reporting directly to the President of CPD, and functionally to the VP, Finance for the Electrical Americas. The VP, Finance has P&L and Balance Sheet responsibility, provides overall leadership to the divisions and acts as a business partner with the President and leadership team members including operations, HR, and marketing and VPGM’s as a team to run these businesses.
This position is responsible for building organizational capability within the Finance function and to provide financial leadership and direction to the organization and its leadership team in the pursuit of business goals and objectives. The ideal candidate is an action-oriented critical thinker, attentive to detail yet able to synthesize information quickly, skilled in driving process improvements, demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and people capability to deliver results within a cross functional, growing, and profitable business. The successful candidate will consistently demonstrate the ability to lead and influence a geographically dispersed team through a positive and supportive approach, while driving compliance to financial policies and holding team members accountable for performance expectations.
Essential functions of this position includes but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all business level planning and reporting activities including monthly results, monthly rolling forecast, profit planning, strategic planning, and operating review requirements
- Global coordination of financials, teams, goals and objectives
- Partners with the President to provide financial interpretation and insight to identify opportunities & issues for the business
- Manage the processes to consolidate, report and analyze monthly results, forecasts and plans. Review performance metrics with divisional and regional management. Analyze financial forecasts and results to determine and recommend profit and/or cash flow improvement opportunities
- Work as a key partner to the functional management team, identify and support analysis of new business scenarios including capacity analysis, footprint analysis and M&A impacts
- Reviews the results & works with leadership in recommending & driving actions for improvement
- Provide accurate and timely information to drive decision making as a result of interpretation of the financials and operating metrics. Use this information in pursuing the division’s goals and objectives
- Ensure internal controls of the Division are properly maintained to be in compliance with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and Corporate Policy and Ethics requirements. Ensure completion of division and plant balance sheet reviews and review account reconciliations to ensure accuracy of stated balances. Ensure maintenance of proper accruals and reserves.
- Coordinate various financial analysis elements across commercial, engineering, and operational functions within the organization. Responsible for preparing a number of ongoing internal analyses that provide divisional and corporate management with timely and pertinent financial information for planning and decision making.
- Actively participate in key monthly business operating rhythm to help drive execution of our profit plan and longer term strategy.
- Maintain high level of ethical standards and identify and analyze problem areas and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Create, promote, and sustain a high performance culture. Continuously raises the performance bar for the finance organization. Actively upgrade the organization through the infusion of top talent, through both the selection of new employees and the development of current employees.
- Build organizational capability by developing the broader financial acumen of the team through
- monthly operating rhythm, reporting, special projects and training.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in management positions within finance and accounting
- CPA, CMA
- MBA or Masters of Accounting
- Strong systems skills/experience desired: SAP Financials, HFM
- Strong financial reporting, analysis and presentation skills.
- Experience in financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking capability
- Holding Self and Others Accountable to results, Eaton’s Professional and Ethical Standards
- Proven leadership capability, ability to build and develop teams, excellent communication skills.
- Ideal candidate will have progressive work experience in industrial manufacturing and strong standard cost accounting skills (i.e. plant controller experience)
- Prior experience in managing a geographically dispersed direct and indirect staff preferred
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Office.
Leadership Competencies / Position Criteria
- Effectively leverages functional and cross-functional resources to solve problems, improve processes and meet objectives
- Superior analytical skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Identifies and raises issues and problems in a constructive manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team; communicates articulately and confidently across many organizational levels, demonstrates a strong professional image, and effectively builds rapport with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements: detecting the need for change, proactively gathering requirements, designing and developing processes, implementing change, and stabilizing process changes to deliver on stakeholders critical requirements
- Personal leadership and organization savvy required: teaming, collaborating, coaching, challenging assumptions and giving corrective feedback with tact and respect, sharing knowledge
- Results-oriented, dependable, and sense of urgency for work quality and timeliness
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many organizational levels; and effectively influence stakeholders
- Is flexible, adaptable and demonstrates a willingness to change, and ability to drive change
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and eliminate non-productive activities.
- Learns from past experiences and applies learnings to current situation to improve performance.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD Circuit Protection Division
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time