Eaton’s Lighting Sector is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. This position is based in Vicksburg, MS.
Relocation Assistance will be provided.
The Senior Financial Analyst will provide aid to the Plant Controller by performing general accounting functions including month end closing, account analysis and reconciliations. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for preparing and reporting monthly performance reports, monthly financial forecasts, and annual operating budgets. This position is key in ensuring compliance to financial policies and in providing leadership to improve business processes and performance. The role requires interaction with functions outside of Accounting such as Purchasing, Engineering, and Operations management. The individual must be self-motivated and results oriented. They must be personally accountable for quality of work and timeliness of reporting. This role provides an excellent learning opportunity of plant manufacturing business functions and visibility to the leadership team. This position is a salaried, exempt, non-bargaining staff position reporting directly to the Plant Controller. This is an individual contributor, non-supervisory position with no direct reports. The position employment hours are assigned during the day shift operations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Prepare month-end general ledger close journal entries and supporting reconciliations
- Monitor, forecast and budget cost center expenses
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Performs actual versus plan variance analysis
- Update KPI scorecards for performance measurement and analysis
- Research and interpret unusual expenses and other data
- Support management team with ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting
- Provide analysis of operating margin variances
- Assist in the preparation and justification of Capital Asset Requests (CAR’s).
- Support other special projects and duties as assigned by the Plant Controller
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of related finance or accounting work experience
- Previous ERP system experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- 5 years of related finance or accounting work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Masters in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- SAP experience
- Microsoft VBA programming experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional collaboration
- Strong written, verbal and computer business communication skills required
- Team oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology
- Organization and time management skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of employees in a multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio, Project.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time