Eaton’s Electrical sector is seeking a Controller to join our team! This position is based out of our Mississauga, Ontario facility.
The primary function of this role is to plan, direct and control financial services for four operating divisions in Canada. These services include financial reporting, development/preparation of operational budgets, internal control compliance, cost accounting, fixed asset control and General Ledger (GL) maintenance.
Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including: month and end-year process, general ledger control, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, capital asset control and reconciliations, fixed asset activity, lease accounting, debt activity and legal entity accounting entries.
Provide Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting support to all Canadian Divisions in a multi-company and multi-divisional setting. The incumbent will be involved with Budgets, Forecasts, Cost analysis and Variance analysis for multiple divisions.
- Manage a team of 4 direct reports.
- Establish and execute the month-end closing schedule for the operating ledger and two corporate ledgers.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Prepare special journal entries to record rebates & reserves, Corporate IC loans, etc.
- Approve journal entries, IC invoicing, and run recurring journal entries monthly.
- Oversee all balance sheet reconciliations. Ensure they are all reviewed and approved monthly.
- Ensure Corporate Financial Policies are being followed
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Manage internal audits of the location when they occur and respond to all interim testing requests from external auditors.
- Oversee annual control design self-assessment and SOX compliance
- Provide recommendations to the Director of Finance and Business Management
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure internal control compliance and accuracy of financial data.
- Meet financial accounting objectives.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Fixed Assets. Oversee direct report that is responsible.
- Approve retail rebate AR deductions processed by FSS.
- Work with tax team to provide financial data for tax filing.
- Provide services to divisional and corporate management on the monthly operating performance of the business units and shared service departments against budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for quarterly and monthly updates to forecasts and business outlook as required.
- Provide monthly reports required on a tight deadline as part of the monthly closing cycle.
- Provide financial advice to business improvement projects as required.
- The incumbent provides analysis and recommendations of trends and factors, which may impact business unit performance versus budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure that ongoing analysis and review of cost accounting issues (inventory, margins etc.) are performed on a timely basis as required by local management, division or corporate offices.
- Ensure that all supplemental inquiries are responded to in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee the annual budgeting process for all divisions and shared service group working closely with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance functions.
- Lead cost improvement, new policy implementation and other financial projects as required.
- University Education from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of accounting experience
- In possession of a professional accounting designation CPA (CA, CMA, CGA).
- Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within 80 KM radius of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada facility will be considered.
- SAP experience
- Understanding of foreign exchange transaction and translation reporting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX).
- Advanced level of competence with Excel.
- Ability to work with others in remote locations required – effective communication across distance.
- Ability to build relationships with key managers and provide timely, solid business advice are key success factors.
- Work environment is predominantly office however plant visits and involvement are needed to gain a full understanding of the business.
- Minimal travel (travel is mostly for inventory purposes/sales office visits).
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No