Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Pearland, TX facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing all aspects of manufacturing within assigned area to produce high quality product. You will assure timely delivery of quality products to the customer while continuously improving the safety and productivity of the work environment. The position will be responsible for collaborating with Engineering and Materials functions to ensure success. It is expected that an individual in this position have a solid understanding of continuous improvement tools and methods in order to define and implement efforts to drive and sustain the results related to these metrics. In this position, you will be responsible for the daily management of employees through continuous engagement and accountability for behaviors and results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Direct operations for all department functions within the manufacturing process. Responsible for key performance measures such as production volume, quality, costs, and safety for your department. This would include meeting established production schedules and supervising the activities of production team members.
Measure, communicate and improve group performance statistics and acting as an agent to support improvement activities that achieve established improvement goals.
Handle all team member concerns and issues. Staff, train, evaluate, develop, discipline, communicate with, and direct team members.
Partner with materials planning team to insure raw material inventory levels are set and will support projected build requirements.
Actively foster a safe and healthy work environment. This is done through promoting, supporting, and enforcing safe work practices through company safety programs.
Foster a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a lean organization to reduce operational costs, inventories and lead times.
Promote a team environment and must develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets and cross training
Assure that policies, procedures, and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product
Develop and implement standard work, daily accountability, manning strategies, process checks, and team training
Perform special projects as assigned by the Plant Manager Lead and develop assigned team
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing, distribution or operations environment is required.
- Must reside within a 50-mile radius of the Houston, TX facility; no relocation benefit is provided.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an on-going basis without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Industrial Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing, distribution or operations environment preferred.
- SAP business system experiences a plus.
- Experience in Electrical lighting manufacturing/Assembly or Machining
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisor skill set a must including but not limited to developing individuals, coaching, mentoring and building a team environment.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skill as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of lean principles, manufacturing and distribution processes necessary.
- Strong practical knowledge applicable to manufacturing environment.
Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications a must
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time