Eaton is seeking a Human Resources Director for its Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions (CRDS) business in the Electrical Sector Americas region. The HR Director position will be located in Pittsburgh, PA.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
This position leads the Human Resources function for the Residential & Wiring Devices business within CRDS. The HR Director will establish solid business partnerships and drive functional excellence for a business with $950M in revenue across five manufacturing facilities and over 5,200 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Mexico, China and Canada. The HR Director will develop, implement and validate Human Resources strategies, initiatives and programs aligned with short and long-term business plans. They will also foster a culture in the organization that promotes employee engagement and a passion for customer excellence. This position reports directly to the VP of HR for the Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions business.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- You will work with the division leadership, functional leaders and site managers to understand how supporting human resources programs and initiatives are to be aligned with strategic and annual business objectives.
- You will drive unified HR initiatives and plans with measurable objectives that support business, financial and employee engagement goals.
- As a strategic business partner, you will work with Residential & Wiring Devices leadership teams to ensure direction, priorities and cultural expectations are aligned to Eaton Value & Philosophies while acting as a champion for the tools in the Eaton Business System (EBS).
- You will drive HR functional excellence through deployment of Eaton programs, ensuring quality of process and content and alignment with the EBS to achieve goals and objectives.
- You will ensure that knowledge retention and sharing mechanisms are developed, continuously improved and sustained.
- You will manage, mentor and develop skills of the Human Resources team to support business initiatives and goals including direct and functional reports.
- You will build organizational capability through ownership of talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management, employee development, succession planning and retention.
- You will manage and develop employee compensation, reward and recognition programs, driving a pay-for-performance culture in support of business objectives, while ensuring all compensation programs are aligned to corporate policy.
- You will foster a culture of manager ownership and accountability of the employee life cycle.
- You will drive positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees.
- You will work with site managers and local HR talent to deploy communication plans and utilize assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to identify organizational issues and drive action plans.
- You will foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees, utilize MESH to ensure compliance with state, federal, and provincial safety requirements and drive a “zero incident” culture.
- You will develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading and coaching others through change.
- You will facilitate a culture where best practices are retained and shared across the Human Resources organization and benchmark industry and local best practices to set stretch performance targets.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years of increasing responsibility in a progressive HR environment.
- Knowledge of relevant local, state, federal, provincial employment laws.
- Master’s degree and/or HR certification.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking capability and business acumen; prior leadership experience as strategic HR business partner.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment or working with a large field-based organization.
- Significant experience with development of HR systems and strategies, leadership and organizational development and compensation administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Business writing expertise.
- Excellent facilitation/ coaching skills. Strong employee relations skills with the proven ability to drive change and leadership ownership/accountability.
- Strong leader of people with proven capability to empower, motivate and develop others.
- Strong drive for results and sense of urgency; data and metrics-driven.
- Strong project management skills with ability to lead a cross-functional business team.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time