Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Atlanta, GA or Peachtree City, GA office. Relocation Assistance will be provided.
This is a hands-on development role that will directly contribute to the expansion of existing control products and development of our new lighting control products. We are looking for a talented and creative problem solver. You will be working in a dynamic and fast paced team environment, using your software engineering skills to deliver new products. You will be involved in the complete development life cycle, seeing your design evolve from a technical specification into a finished product. Detailed technical collaboration with the full cross-functional development team will require strong, ongoing communication. Maintaining our market leading position will challenge your creativity and design skills.
In this role you will help evaluate and develop various mobile hybrid applications, incorporating reusable componentized design and various native device functionality, like WiFi, BLE, camera, and more. You will work closely with product management and other design team members to understand the business needs prior to proposing and developing complete mobile solution or mobile front end to larger system solution. The successful candidate will possess excellent hands on technical and communication skills with a proven track record of delivering positive results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will…
- Work with the other software development team members when coordinating on large projects.
- Translate requirements into software in line with project vision.
- Participate in the definition of both the functional and non-functional requirements of the system.
- Participate in design reviews and sprint planning.
- Implement best-practice software architectures and software development processes.
- Research, assess, and adapt to new technologies necessary for future enhancements of products.
- Develop High Performance Software
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience with web-based applications.
- BS in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented programming and design principles
- Expert knowledge of best practice software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies with a passion for programming
- Working knowledge of Database Design, SQL Queries and transactions.
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Sound understanding of Agile development and software design principles.
- Experience building hybrid mobile applications with Cordova.
- Experience with IOS, Android and/or mobile app development.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions
- Ability to articulate and promote software development best-practices
- Experience with revision control systems, preferably Git
- Experience with issue tracking systems, preferably Jira
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time