This position manages the financial and accounting operations and activities for the Africa region in accordance with prescribed Corporate, Divisional, and country policies and procedures. Provides leadership and direction for all of the financial reporting, budgeting, planning, and forecasting required by the Corporation, Division and business. Ensures adherence with generally accepted accounting principles. It is responsible for providing leadership to the region and acting as a strong business partner to the Region Manager. This position is responsible to build organizational capability within the divisional Finance function and to provide financial leadership and direction to the operations and its leadership teams in the pursuit of business goals and objectives.
- Support the regional finance and country management in all financial and operational aspects of the business.
- Works with country manager in growing the profitable business.
- Creates, promotes and sustains a high-performance culture. Continuously raises the performance bar for the finance organization in the region.
- Actively upgrade the organization through the infusion of top talent, through both the selection of new employees and the development of current employees. Lead OCA process for country finance team. Coaches and advises finance team members for future advancement. Align APEX ratings and performance feedback with operations and functional leaders.
- Supports and manages the regions strategic plan, annual profit plan and monthly rolling forecasts.
- Directs the efforts and reviews physical inventory processes. Reviews the results and works with plant leadership in recommending and driving actions for improvement.
- Coordinate financial reporting and accounting within the business. Coordinate plans, objectives and commitments within finance and operational functions.
- Ensure division is in compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Oversees the accuracy, correctness and timeliness of financial transactions affecting the general ledger accounting system(s).
- Identify financial risks and develop mitigation plans. Protect assets & interests of Eaton Corporation.
- Develop and manage key monthly financial processes to include month-end closing and forecasting. Responsible for balance sheet integrity – ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed and proper reviews occur.
- Review and assess the competency of financial systems and procedures to comply with GAAP and corporate policies/procedures and ensure the integrity of the financial records for the business. Insures ethical business conduct and compliance are understood and supported throughout the region.
- Organize and deliver appropriate management reports to country and regional management. Prepare meaningful variance analysis commentary for management and publish accurate and timely financial reporting packages. Coordinate, interpret and respond to adhoc financial request within the region.
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements: detecting the need for change, proactively gathering requirements, designing and developing processes, implementing change, and stabilizing process changes to deliver on stakeholders critical requirements. Drive cost out activities for the Africa region.
- Prior experience in managing a geographically dispersed indirect staff strongly preferred.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in business administration with concentration in Accounting or Finance. Masters Degree or CPA/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in financial management in a business environment, manufacturing with past supervisory experience.
- Public accounting experience is preferable with one of the Big 4 (Deloitte, PWC, E&Y, KPMG).
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in Accounting and Financial Management, and business strategy.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills. Ability to establish cross-function relationships.
- Ability to effectively diagnose problems and develop solutions.
- Minimum x year of managerial experience.
- Strong technical expertise, including US GAAP and IFRS.
- Ability to operate across, and influence within, a complex matrixed organizational structure.
- Previous experience working in or with African entities preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time