Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY site. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Eaton’s Ephesus Lighting Solutions Division, located in Syracuse, New York, is a market leader in providing innovative lighting solutions to small and large sporting facilities around the world, including many of the highest profile venues in North America. We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to support our growing products. The work environment is very dynamic and exciting.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Innovate, design, test and evaluate light fixtures, control circuits, IoT circuits, and various critical electrical components
- Prototyping, bread boarding and building Proof-of-Concepts
- Implementing factory tests
- Writing executive summaries to communicate issues and resolutions to management
- Writing Engineering Change Requests (ECNs) to document changes to products
- Resolving quality issues related to components or manufacturing
- Troubleshooting field related technical issues
- Supporting post sales technical issues
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, you will be eligible to participate in Signify N.V.’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Signify N.V’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution to be completed no later than Dec 2019.
- Minimum of 2 years electrical engineering experience.
- Experience with basic electrical test equipment, power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes.
- Sponsorship is not available. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without requiring future company sponsorship.
- Knowledge of power electronic concepts and switch mode power supply theory of operation preferred
- Knowledge of control systems for lighting products preferred
- Knowledge of I2C, SPI, UART, PCIE, SDI, USB, and other communication protocols
- Knowledge of memory devices such as SNOR, NAND, DDR
- Knowledge of basic IOT theory, specific understanding of BLE and Zigbee radios preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in analog/digital circuits preferred
- Experience in writing scripts for test automation preferred
- Experience in writing automated testing equipment (ATE) code preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Demonstrate basic analog and digital circuit debug capabilities
- Have broad knowledge of various communication protocols
- Understand basics of control theory and wireless communication
- Be able to multitask
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to work independently as an individual contributor as well as a team member
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time