Team Lead - PTP
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Team Lead - PTP
in Eaton’s GFSS, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into separate entity. This transaction is expected to be completed by the Q1 2020 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a independent company. If you are offered and accept this position, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s. 5:13
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
Management of Teams:
Manages non-Professional staff, in one or more subgroups of Accounts Payable which will include invoice processing, hold resolution, supplier maintenance etc depending on the region, ledger and team size by creating goals, mentoring, coaching and providing opportunities to enhance current skill sets in order to foster/empower an innovative team environment.
Day to Day Activities:
Driving customer satisfaction by ensuring accounts payable activities are performed as per customer expectations and service level agreements
Work allocation and balancing between team members to ensure a balance between employee engagement and customer satisfaction
Subject Matter expert – Work with the team members to resolve issues as well as provide solutions to the issue
Plans and oversees daily production activities by facilitating continuous process improvements and knowledge sharing/transfer of direct reports in order to drive standardization of processes.
Manages metrics to meet goals by ensuring direct reports job functions and activities are performed efficiently and effectively in order to support the rapid integration of acquisitions and facilitate divestitures, and reorganizations.
Provides customer support and resolution to issues by metrics monitoring and quality audits in order to assure quality of product to the customer.
Working knowledge of IC reconciliations, Hold resolutions, CRR reviews, Vendor reconciliations
Adhering and ensuring smooth month end close
Focus on internal controls especially to SOX, statutory requirements – local as well as US GAAP, company’s accounting policies
Work on remediation of gaps identified as part of various audits – Internal, External, SOX, Peer Review
Define process/strengthen processes to ensure better and strengthen controls in AP processes
Drives continuous improvement in the team by proactively identifying areas of process simplification, improvement and automation through Lean tools like Six Sigma, BPI, Kaizens, VSM etc.
Participates on project enhancements as process knowledge expert.
Prepares monthly metrics reporting for both senior management and the process team in order to identify areas where progress is being made or opportunities for improvement.
Participates in the selection process of hiring candidates
Works with the Process Leader in strategy deployment and also, sharing ideas for strategy development
Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements for management or company
Know and comply with Eaton policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH).
- Experienced Manager of People (5-8 years) is essential, preferably a CA/MBA/ICWA
- Must have relevant experience of at least 5 to 8 years’ experience in AP (P to P) is essential.
- Must have handled a team of minimum 8 + FTE’s
- Knowledge of ERP required - Oracle, SAP, MFGPRo
- Process knowledge of PTP cycle
- Knowledge of SOX/ US GAAP/ India regulatory/Internal control
- Effective communication with ability to build successful teams
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated process improvement and project leadership skills
- Ability to independently achieve consensus and bring forward new ideas to remove barriers
- Proactive work style
- Ability to work under pressure and balance many assignment at one time
- Proven Record of delivery of process improvements.
- Ability to own a project and bring it to a logical and successful completion
- Change Management Experience is preferred
- Core knowledge of AP- Purchase to Pay Cycle
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills. Must be able to analyze data, identify problem areas, make improvement recommendations, and implement approved recommendations.
- Customer focused with an attitude and ability to define and meet customer expectations.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite or similar.
- SAP/Oracle Financial or equivalent Financial Systems experience.
- Some knowledge of lean tools such as 8-D analysis, Pareto Charts, and Business Process Improvements (BPI).
- Demonstrates strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Drive for Results.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-TG2
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only