Eaton’s Vehicles Division is currently seeking a Quality Lead Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our new Aguascalientes’ Facility.
The Quality Lead Engineer for Eaton’s new manufacturing plant in Aguascalientes will be the lead for all customer and supplier quality aspects and requirements for the new site start-up and on-going operations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Ensure compliance to Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) Product Quality Planning and customer quality requirements; and acts as principle contact for customer on quality issues.
- Manages project deliverables including new product PPAP’s and current product transfer PPAP’s - part by part strategies, planning, data review, and approval.
- Leads inspection, corrective action, SPC, Returned Materials, problem solving process, internal audit activity, and other documentation issues as needed for the operations.
- Ensures that policies and procedures regarding all aspects of quality assurance and improvement are rigidly adhered to during all manufacturing processes.
- Supports the development and implementation of the new plant's quality management system to include continual improvement programs through the knowledge and deployment of Eaton Business System.
- Be a leading force for a strong and committed culture of quality throughout the organization.
- Lead all customer and supplier quality related aspects for the new site start-up – including internal and external PPAP’s, and customer quality relationship.
- Lead the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Acts as a primary organizational contact for customer concerns and ensure appropriate corrective actions are deployed as necessary.
- Lead several significant problem solving initiatives and train, coach, or mentor others in problem solving techniques
- Ensures organizational readiness for customer and other third party assessments related to the QMS.
- Lead Quality portion for PROLaunch gate reviews to assure the adherence to APQP process.
- Lead Quality Assurance deliverables as assigned, including the following examples: Special Product Characteristics (SPC) determination, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Customer Requirements, Eaton Manufacturing PPAP, Early Production Safe Launch plan definition and review.
- Lead cross-functional teams on projects to improve the quality & assure compliance on current products, across multiple manufacturing lines and with the customers. Examples include Special Characteristic capability improvement, standardization of methods for quality evaluation and documentation, such as PFMEA and Control Plans, or standardization on approaches, such as MSA and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product / process specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished product.
- Deploy Eaton Business System tools, where appropriate or required, to improve Quality Management System effectiveness (i.e. EQMS, ELSS, WISPER, MESH, PROLaunch, CIF, etc).
- Participate in a six sigma project team
- Participate in internal audits
- Must work consistently to maintain safe and healthy working conditions, to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injury and illness and to observe Federal, State, local, and overall regional company safety and health regulations. Must reflect an interest in company safety and health objectives and required to set a good example by always observing the rules as a part of the normal work routine.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum seven (7) years in Quality manufacturing role
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Expert knowledge of Quality Management Systems standards
- Experience in PPAP planning and execution for new site start-up
- Expertise in AIAG tools, auditing, statistical tools, and analysis
o Problem Solving
o Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA)o MSAo Process Capabilityo Control Planso Gage Planso Run@Rate
o Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
o Statistical Process Control (SPC)o APQP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Organización: VEH NAA North America Auto
Nivel de puesto: Colaborador individual
Horario: Tiempo completo
Es un trabajo a distancia (es decir, trabajar desde casa o otro centro Eaton) permitió para este puesto?: No -ES
¿Esta oferta de reubicación posición?: No
Viaje: Sí, un 10 % del tiempo