Eaton Corporation’s Electrical Sector in Sumter, SC is currently seeking a Production Supervisor in Switchboard Assembly to join our team.
In the Production Supervisor role, you will manage and direct the switchboard assembly operations at Mission Critical to produce and ship product, at minimum cost, in accordance with engineering design specifications, quality standards, customer service goals, and profitability. You will effectively communicate and work with all levels of plant personnel to complete your job function and meet safety, quality and productivity goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by ensuring you and your team comply with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- You will ensure that production demands are met by your department and that team leaders understand their roles in the upkeep of order fulfillment.
- You will foster a high-performing work team culture throughout the facility.
- You will serve as a central point of contact for management in regards to production issues in one’s functional area.
- You will participate in the assessment, selection, training, coaching, and development of employees and foster strong employee performance.
- You will evaluate workload requirements and effectively delegate tasks accordingly to ensure proper and adequate manning to support production requirements.
- You will investigate and solve quality issues and/or serve as a point of contact through which quality issues can be resolved. Ensures that employees know the importance of quality and enforces follow through. Works with quality control team to resolve issues and regularly reviews quality trends in the market.
- Implement changes and productivity improvements while sustaining positive employee relations and performance.
- Foster a culture that promotes the Eaton Quality System and Eaton Leadership Model
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
About Sumter, South Carolina
Conveniently located 40 minutes east of the state capital, Columbia, Sumter is a city with convenient access to rich history, diverse industries and inspiring landscapes. The Eaton facility in Sumter, SC is the product line headquarters for Panelboards and Switchboards and is one of the top employers in the local community. The facility is home to more than 750 employees and is centrally located among every attraction one may desire in the Southeast, including Myrtle Beach, SC; Charleston, SC; Charlotte, NC; Asheville, NC, and Atlanta, GA.
Please visit http://www.sumterchamber.com/about/relocation.aspx for more information
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
· Three years of experience supporting Manufacturing, Operations or Technical processes.
· Three year of leadership experience managing people or project teams.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
· Five years of leadership experience
Lean manufacturing / Operational
Excellence skills in 5S+, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual
· Demonstrated effective communication and leadership skills
· Process focused
· Problem solving skills (e.g. 8-D or A3)
· Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary
· Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico