Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Quality Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Euclid, OH facility.
The Quality Technician is responsible for understanding NADCAP requirements and how they apply to the Materials Lab. As part of their duties, this position will review NADCAP changes and help implement them in the lab, as well as coordinating PTP and round robin testing. During NADCAP and other audits, this position may be the lead representative. To perform these duties, this position must have an understanding of the Materials Lab test areas. As part of this understanding, this position may involve some hands-on lab work.
The Euclid facility has approximately 400 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of aerospace main engine fuel pumps and components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Understand NADCAP requirements and how they apply to the Materials Lab. Conduct internal audits to requirements.
- Act as lead/co-lead representative during lab audits.
- Set-up and maintain current, precise and systematic records for the quality system. Schedule and conduct equipment calibrations as required.
- Communicate (both orally and written) with supervision and Sales in a precise, logical, informative and tactful manner.
- Review and sign off test certificates. Manage and control test documents and storage.
- Perform lab work and chemical testing/handling as needed. Perform such other duties which may be assigned as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a test lab and/or quality position.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the Euclid, OH facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Previous experience with NADCAP requirements.
- Lab or chemical testing/handling experience, preferred.
- Self-motivated person with an eye for details.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to changing quality systems.
- Strong working knowledge of quality programs/systems in relation to manufacturing and testing.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Ability and willingness to work hands on at times is necessary.
- NDT/X-ray knowledge is welcome but not required.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time