Eaton Cooper Lighting is currently seeking a NPI Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA location.
The NPI Specialist main responsibilities will be to support testing of new products and supporting the handoff from Product Owners to Applications, Phone support, and Field technicians.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Accountable for services readiness by:
- Learning new product functionalities prior to the product’s launch using product documentation and interaction with the development feature leads including Product Owners and Engineers.
- Support developing the training course content (presentations, audio/visual aids, handouts) and student laboratories and practical exercise for the new products/features.
- Conducting the internal training sessions to ensure that all Eaton services technicians and applications teams are ready to support the team.
- Accounting for system integrators/electrical contractors training and certifications by:
- Support developing the certification material (presentations, audio/visual aids, handouts, exams)
- Train the trainers supporting the ETN certification program
- Manage the certified system integrators/electrical contractors database
- Participate to the Product Evaluation during the product development’s Validation phase (Internal Trial/System Validation)
- Establish clear measurable goals with regards to services and system integrators/electrical contractors’ technical readiness and training effectiveness.
- Manage the training material:
- Develop new training lab setups
- Keep training material up to date
- Coordinate with the contractors for any electrical work
- Support the technicians leads to develop best practices standards and internal processes.
- Drive revenue for post sales:
- Responsible for internal trail commissioning on new products and systems.
- Responsible for market trails commissioning on new products and systems.
- Assisting in field service startups of new products.
- Work with the Project Managers and Product Managers to support internal system trials and market trials.
- This includes setting minimal requirements for testing new products supporting of installation of the internal system trail.
- Supporting training of agents on applications and programing of new products
- This will include WebEx’s and onsite visits to agent’s office if hands on training is needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s degree Engineering from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer facing role.
Minimum 3 years of field experience programming lighting systems
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Extensive knowledge of Lighting products and control systems
- Previous programming or networking experience beneficial
- Strong PC skills, including Windows and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers via the phone, e-mail and other written and verbal communication mediums
Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success
Ability to work on multiple tasks, remain focused and drive towards resolution
Well-developed analytic ability and troubleshooting skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
Represent Eaton Corporation in a professional manner while interfacing with contractors and ends users
Ability to function in a dynamic, fast paced environment while effectively solving new challenges
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time