Eaton’s Aerospace Sector is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Supervisor – Stockroom/Quality Inspection to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS.
The position is based in Jackson, MS on second shift (3:30pm-12:00am).
The Jackson facility has approximately 550 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
· Provide strong leadership to meet or exceed daily and monthly production
· goals around safety,
Quality, On-Time Delivery and Productivity.
Drive accountability by setting daily goals and reinforcing company’s policies
· and guidelines.
Effective management of plant assets through leadership of maintenance and
· facilities resources.
Train and develop team members as well as providing oversight and coaching
· to other team members
Directs day-to-day activities in the Stockroom and Quality Inspection areas.
Manages priorities on shared resources to achieve the business needs
Prepare and delivers periodic reports to plant leadership for team
Work closely with appropriate functions to ensure smooth production of
· Assembly and Test operations. Collaborate with Accounting, Engineering,
· Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance, and other plant groups, as
· necessary to obtain or provide assistance, coordinate efforts, expedite
· resolution of problem
Provide and maintain effective communication within the organization
Maintain and administer Timecards to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Manage within the guidelines of all regulatory requirements (e.g. FAA
Lead and facilitate 2nd shift RCCA utilizing the CARE/fast Response system.
Evaluate non-conforming material per quality procedure via orange tag
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Associate Degree from an accredited institution is required.
· Minimum of 1 years of experience in a manufacturing, distribution or military environment.
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
· No relocation benefit is being offered with this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Jackson, MS will be considered.
· Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution.
· Experience in Aerospace Industry
· Supervisory and/or leadership experience in a manufacturing, distribution or military environment, teams or projects.
· Lean/Six Sigma Certified
· Inventory management
· Quality Inspection
· ERP experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time