Eaton’s Power Quality division is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for product support of high quality power distribution equipment and associated Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) as part of a product engineering team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Read and understand electrical schematics
- Read and understand installation and operations manuals
- Utilize basic electrical meters to take electrical measurements
- Utilize basic hand tools (screw drivers, nut drivers, sockets, wrenches, etc.) in order to facilitate removal of electrical sub-assemblies for inspection and measurement
- Help others through issues and troubleshooting of complex electrical products
- Troubleshoot issues after production build down to the circuit board or assembly area within a Power Distribution Unit or Uninterruptible Power Supply
- Provide guidance to others that are specifying our products by understanding the installation manual and released electrical documents including specifications
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering program from an accredited institution with a graduation date no later than December 2019
- Minimum of one (1) year of high power electrical design, power quality, or electrical distribution experience (includes co-ops/internships)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Skilled in electrical engineering design tools such as schematic capture, 2D drafting tools (AutoCAD), and product data management systems.
Knowledge of New Product Introduction processes (planning, design, qualification and release)
Experience using Product Data Management (PDM) tools
Familiarity with manufacturing and production processes, safety agency standards:IEC60950/UL1778, EMI mitigation design strategies, Closed Loop Corrective Action Process.
- Ability to work on your own and know when an issue requires more help and guidance from the rest of the product support team
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and through verbal communication with people that have less educational background and those with more educational background
- Excellent verbal/ written communication, presentation and team skills required
- Individual will work in a lab environment around high voltage where safety awareness is critical
- Extreme attention to detail
Must be able to work as an individual contributor as well as a cross-functional team member
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time