Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently recruiting for an Machine Shop Lead on 1st shift to join our team. The position is based at our Irvine, CA location.
This position works in a high-paced job shop environment. The Machine Shop Lead must work closely with other manufacturing departments, Material Planners, and all levels of management to manage and oversee changing priorities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Build teamwork among all associates through communication and motivation to support achieving department and plant goals ensure that employees have the skills, knowledge and ability to perform current responsibilities and assignments
- Assume full and direct responsibility for all aspects of the team's performance
- Train and mentor lower-level Machinist for future growth and development. Lead lower-level Machinists in interpreting written instructions and specifications, planning, and layout work for inspection, using a variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems on both manual and CNC equipment.
- Be running the Tooling department and machining department
- Make sure that equipment is available and implemented safely to effectively and efficiently conduct business
- Purchase materials to build product and maintain budget of purchased items
- Develop prototypes to support Engineering efforts on new product development
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience as a Machinist and Toolmaker
- Minimum 5 years’ previous work experience in a lead role within manufacturing environment / machine shop
- Mechanical drawing experience with a strong background of GD&T (Geometric Design & Tolerance)
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Irvine, CA in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous work experience in an Aerospace machine shop environment
- Ability to program Trak, Lathes, and Mills
- Journeyman apprenticeship or equivalent training plus considerable experience to perform work
- Knowledge and use of shop mathematics, including geometry and trigonometry
- Knowledge of Geometric symbols (GD&T)
- Able to read and interpret advanced drawings and schematics
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Extensive knowledge in processes (i.e. Lathe, Mill)
- Communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- Ability to interact and participate in a team driven culture
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time