Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Test Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, Mississippi plant.
The Jackson facility has approximately 550 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The test engineer is responsible for the design, development, operation and maintenance of automated test systems to evaluate current and future hydraulic products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Leverage state of the art tools, methods and processes to improve and create common test systems, methodology, and core technical competencies across Test and Maintenance operations.
- Design, document, configure, and implement complex test procedures as required on component level test stands for testing hydraulic pumps, hydraulic motors and electric motor pumps.
- Program and maintain various test stand software and programs.
- Analyze data, provide insight, and report out on performance of tests and specimens.
- Interact with product teams and outside suppliers on testing needs and implementation.
- Perform failure analysis, investigate and troubleshoot issues, coordinate with cross functional team to ensure project objectives are met.
- Prepare/review documents including cost estimates, project schedules, design and instruction specifications, operating manuals, and technical reports.
- Develop and improve test procedures and advise product engineering as to test and design product improvements.
- Work with product and engineering team to design, assemble, and conduct tests to evaluate current and future products.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing or test environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Working knowledge of the evaluation methods in the design, development, and debugging of electronic devices.
- Working knowledge of test tools and equipment to streamline and ensure test coverage and traceability.
- Proven ability to define functional processes and ensuring consistent application.
- Strong competency in customer focus, leadership, technical/functional excellence and the ability to champion change.
- Understand and incorporate external trends into relevant projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Systems Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2 years of experience with software development for test applications, controls, software development, test
- automation, or test equipment design/development
- Experience in testing components and/or systems in a lab environment
- Experience in collecting and analyzing test data
- Experience in software development (C++, Visual Basic, LabVIEW, Java, MatLab etc)
- Experience in electrical circuit design
- Experience with test stands and large dynamometers
- Experience writing clear and concise test procedures and SOPs.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time