Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Distribution Center is currently seeking a Distribution Center Supervisor – 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Roanoke, Virginia location.
As a Supervisor you will work with a wide range of people in varying roles across the organization, including hourly associates, other support personnel within the facility, personnel at other facilities and outside suppliers to meet daily shipment and receiving goals. This position will be attractive for a self-starter who enjoys navigating through the challenges and rewards of leading people and improving processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Supervise the daily activities of the warehouse floor operations, motivating your team to ensure that operations are productive, safe and accurate.
- Provide support to your team by ensuring timely answers to questions or by steering them to the appropriate information sources, and by providing a workplace where associates can grow and develop.
- Help to interview and select new members for your team and assure that new or transferred associates are adequately trained to meet the requirements of their positions.
- Manage time and attendance for your team.
- Offer counseling and coaching regarding things such as performance and company policy.
- Be an active member of the site’s leadership team and help to support site initiatives and operational changes.
- Engage with your team to identify opportunities to improve processes, and be a champion for change.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2 years of leadership experience
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Roanoke, VA to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management or technical discipline
· SAP experience
· Previous warehouse / distribution center / shipping / receiving experience
· Lean / six sigma experience
· MS Office experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No