Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking an Enterprise Architect Lead to join our team. This position is based will be based at our Mississauga, Ontario location.
We are searching for a Senior IoT Systems architect who will help set the overall IoT architecture vision and technology roadmap for value added connected lighting applications across the lighting businesses.
Eaton’s Lighting solutions division is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting products for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. As the lighting industry expands beyond the traditional solutions of the past, no one is better equipped to help customers navigate the complexities of Connected Lighting, where fixtures will control more than ever imagined. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and resources they need to meet the challenges of the future.
We are dedicated to growing our business and our people! We believe in providing our employees and YOU the opportunity grow, have fun and take pride in their work. If YOU thrive in a creative, fast-paced, innovative environment, then our engineering team is looking for YOU!
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Own the Enterprise Architecture vision, roadmap and new technology investigations for the organization across all lighting segments
- Evaluate and propose enterprise technology and architectures by either leading or doing proof of concepts
- Institutionalize and drive architecture best practices across business design teams
- Guide the design of enterprise application solutions, interfaces, and protocols within the broader application ecosystem
- Working with end users, customers, system integrators and regional marketing leaders to understand their goals & pain points and translating into requirements, and developing products using machine learning, data visualizations and decision support systems to help stakeholders meet their goals.
- Work closely with our product managers, marketing managers and software developers to provide guidance and recommendations regarding the design of applications, hardware, network products, and security requirements while using approved integration methods
- Plan and lead the Technical Architecture analysis and design for projects and architect the integration across application teams, infrastructure, database team and coordinate with the development team to ensure the infrastructure is in place and that it meets project needs
- Gather and translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of software or integration and architecture experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with cloud environment (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.) and developing SaaS applications
- No sponsorship available. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without need for future company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within an 80km radius of Mississauga, ON will be considered.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with messaging protocols, e.g. AMQP, MQTT, etc.
- Systems engineering design experience within the IoT space
- SW design experience in SDK and/or API based development
- Experience with the Agile SW development processes and tools
- Experience with data analytics and regression analysis.
- Scaled Agile Framework Scrum master
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Proven track record of successfully designing, reviewing and delivering engineering systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage the technical aspects of sub-contracted activities
- Hands on working knowledge of wide range of technologies across the IOT stack including embedded systems, network topologies, transport protocols, cloud computing, stream processing, data management, analytics, security, identity management and application development
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time