Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Capacity Planning Specialist to join our team.
This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The SIOP Supply Specialist is responsible to manage the capacity and inventory elements of the Supply Step in the Hydraulics PMC SIOP process. As part of the monthly SIOP cycle, this position is directly responsible to develop and maintain accurate Eaton site and Supplier capacity models that enable the team to identify gaps and take actions to achieve the SIOP Demand Plan. This position is also responsible to develop and maintain an inventory plan that is used to forecast inventory levels required to meet the SIOP Demand Plan. The SIOP Supply Analyst will work with the Central Fulfillment and Central Planning teams to accurately plan for future demand and execute on internal and supplier actions to drive world class on-time delivery while meeting the financial obligations of our inventory forecast
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will develop and maintain a Rough Cut Capacity Plan (RCCP) for a select group of Eaton sites and suppliers.
You will develop and maintain a Rough Cut Inventory Plan (RCIP) for a select group of Eaton sites and suppliers.
You will identify and close gaps between the SIOP Demand Plan and the RCCP and RCIP
You will support the Global SIOP process by managing inter-region inventory and capacity for the America’s PMC Division team
You will perform detailed analysis of supply and demand for any of the following: Supplier/Plant ramp-up & ramp-down, new product/program launch, capital/capacity expansion, restructuring, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more (or combination of) the following functional areas: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Materials Management, or Logistics is required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Materials Management: Material Planning, Master Scheduling, Materials Analysis, etc is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with a large scale MRP system; Oracle, SAP, MFG Pro, etc is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Eden Prairie, MN will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- APICS CPIM certification
- Minimum of 1 year of Manufacturing/plant experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with consumption based replenishment; Min-max, Kanban, etc.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with MRP master data management
- Understanding of the SIOP process steps: Forecast, Demand, Supply, Consensus, Executive
- Practical understanding of SIOP driven Materials Management including forecasting, scheduling, capacity analysis and inventory management.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document complex business processes and systems.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to train and mentor new employees in Materials Planning tools and processes
- Ability to independently manage Materials and Operations projects
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time