Job Title: Senior Engineer – Embedded Development (079238)
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer in Eaton’s Electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is a part of Electrical group and the position’s main focus will be Understand product requirements, design and develop code , module level and system level embedded software design/coding, validation using programming languages like Assembly, C & C++ on embedded systems running for Linux platforms for Circuit Protection products (Switchgears/Relays/Meters etc.). Involve in technical design including architectural and more detailed object oriented design . Providing project, process, and technical leadership on project activities & should contribute in product development & technology innovations. Provide overall technical leadership for Products development. Lead in technical aspect of agile development planning efforts.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Engages in development, design and testing of smart gateway products using programming languages like Assembly, C & C++, JAVA, HTML5 on embedded systems running on Linux platforms.
- Handle build management, change management, and configuration management tools like JIRA/bamboo/TFS/VS/GIT/Stash/Clear Case/Clear Quest/DOORS etc.
- Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in industrial control & protection products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories.
- Physical (Memory, processor utilization) resource budgeting experience.
- Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product and software design. Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
· Bachelors in computer science / electronics/ E&TC/ Instrumentation engineering.
· Experience of industrial communication protocols BACNet, Modbus,TCP/IP, http, Modbus –TCP, DNP, BACNetIP, websockets etc. Hands on in developing quality software applications.
· Operating system/RTOS concept, multithreading and IPC concepts, sound knowledge and experience of developing Linux shell scripting, Makefiles and application programming.
· Extensive experience of using C++ in products.
· Sound understanding of Operating Systems, Data Structures, Algorithms (big O notation) , Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time