Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. This position is based in Peachtree City, GA.
This position is responsible for managing distributor rebate and business development fund (BDF) accruals and reserves and updating rebate conditions/agreements in SAP for buying group members and all participants in the Cooper Lighting Solutions' Distributor Advantage Program in an efficient, concise, and timely manner. This position will provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and support applicable parties as they navigate channel programs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Establish, maintain, and terminate buying group and CDAP member rebate conditions and agreements in SAP.
- Calculate, analyze, and record in the general ledger monthly required reserves for applicable rebate and business development programs and provide forecast support to FP&A.
- Monitor channel partner adherence to established program goals and report out on program status.
- Proactively look for ways to improve, automate, and streamline processes within the channel rebate programs and work with cross-functional groups to accomplish identified improvements.
- Manage and maintain appropriate general ledger reserves for programs. This includes obtaining appropriate approval of claims, processing claims, payment and/or customer credit requests upon approval, and proposing reserve adjustments as required.
- Monitor and periodically audit parent/child and buying group/CDAP associations in SAP customer master data. Submit correction requests with customer master data team as required.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations for
corresponding rebate and BDF reserve accounts and any other accounts as
Ensure adherence to financial policies, SOX, US GAAP, and other internal control requirements.
- Compile and submit monthly sales information to buying
group entities as required and complete monthly rebate reconciliation with
Provide program level reporting to executive leadership and respond to ad-hoc requests as required.
- Participate in finance/accounting or cross-functional projects and complete other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience with financial analysis or accounting.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City, GA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Project management and/or customer support experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Developed analytical and strategic thinker
- Understanding of financial systems
- Prior experience with SAP and BW a plus.
- Customer service experience a plus
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time