Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The EMEA compliance team serves as a business partner to the Electrical Sector divisions and plant teams.
The Compliance Analyst will be a member of the EMEA Electrical Sector Compliance team which is focused on driving internal control adherence, financial compliance and process improvement efforts throughout the business. The Analyst will support application of Eaton policies, U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Eaton’s internal controls framework. At the same time, the Analyst will support accurate and timely reporting to EMEA management on control and compliance initiatives.
Internal Controls & Compliance Senior Analyst
Your key deliverables:
- Support the 2nd level balance sheet review (BSR) program for the business. Activities include:
- Monitor the BSR calendar to ensure timely completion of reviews
- Track the remediation of control deficiencies and work closely with management to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Provide help for key EMEA compliance processes, including (but not limited to): design self-assessment (DSA) process, segregation of duties & access reviews, balance sheet reviews, reconciliation procedures
- Assist with monthly testing of sales orders to support revenue recognition control requirements. To include: selecting sample, requesting documents, follow-up procedures
- Work with the site teams on the remediation of audit gaps (i.e. Internal Audit, SOX, EY, DSA) to ensure issues are closed timely and corrective actions are implemented
- Serve as a temporary resource and provide direct assistance to sites in the completion of key compliance and accounting requirements during periods of employee turnover or resource shortage
- Act as a guest validator and support SOX internal control validations as required. Perform on-site and off-site control testing using WDESK internal control test plans and analytical procedures
- Support other EMEA or Sector compliance initiatives, special projects and/or financial process improvements, as required
- Support the development, implementation and tracking of Data Analytics tools (i.e., manual journal entries, balance sheet analytics), as required
- Track and report on a weekly/ monthly basis on compliance status in the EMEA Electrical region (internal audit management action plans, SOX gaps, DSA gaps, preparation and review of monthly account reconciliations, 2nd level BSR schedule and 2nd level BSR issues)
- Educated at Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution?
- Coming with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ of experience in accounting, finance policy and internal controls (financial and operational risk)?
- Having accounting experience within a global manufacturing company or public accounting experience (i.e., Big Four)?
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to promote ideas and to work effectively with all levels and functions within the organization?
- Having basic understanding of financial business processes Inventory, Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Record to Report)?
- Exposed to internal controls key concepts (i.e., risks, controls, SOX), financial accounting requirements (i.e., IFRS, US GAAP) and evaluation of internal controls and compliance preferably in a manufacturing environment or significant experience with other industries?
- Flexible to anticipate and react to changes?
- Advanced in Desktop Analytics (Excel skills are a necessity)?
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written) as well as in another language such as Turkish, German, Polish, Czech, Slovak or French?
- Able and willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural, multilingual and international environment, with colleagues located in other parts of the world?
- Ready to travel up to 30%?
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems, such as SAP, Oracle ERP, Oracle Financials? (MFG/Pro a strong plus)
- Educated to an advanced degree (MBA or Master’s in accountancy) or certification (CPA, ACCA, CIA, CMA, CISA)?
- Experienced in working in multinational environments and with remote reporting lines?
- Knowledgeable of other computer applications such as Microsoft Power Business Intelligence (MS Power BI), Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise (OBIEE), ACL?
- Having Financial Planning & Analysis experience?
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time