Eaton‘s Filtration Division Headquarter in Nettersheim has an opening for a:
Financial Accounting Analyst EMEA (m/f/d)- 079190
Location: Nettersheim, Germany
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. Find out more watching this video .
As a key member of the regional finance team, the position reports directly to the Regional Controller Filtration EMEA.
This role will develop forward-looking insights to drive the usage of accounting policies and rules. In addition to analyzing and reporting regional financial results, the Financial Accounting Analyst provides technical competency to ensure compliance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements, GAAP and SOX compliance at all Filtration plants in the EMEA region.
This position also involves assisting the Filtration EMEA Regional Controller in the rollout of region-wide projects.
- Ensure and control compliance with Eaton accounting policies, SOX, German GAAP and US-GAAP
- Ensure alignment of processes, procedures and reporting across all plants within the region
- Assist the Regional Controller Filtration EMEA in analyzing and reporting regional financial results
- Support in the provision of monthly ad-hoc analysis and data requests from division analysts and senior management
- Assist with the rollout of region-wide projects
- Help oversee monthly closing and forecast processes by working closely with the plant controllers
- Drive the regional annual profit planning process
- Participate in regional projects within EMEA
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting or Finance. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred .
- Minimum of five years financial accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of German and US-GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements
- Proven technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports
- Superior accounting thinking skills, problem-solving capability
- Attention to detail and a short-term deadline orientation
- Proven strong organizational skills – ability to deal with multiple high priority duties
- Operating in a matrix environment
- Languages: fluency in German & English is essential, additional languages are a plus
- CPA/ CIMA/ ACCA qualification is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to motivate and help direct the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Strong MS-Office skills
- Extensive experience with ERP systems (Glovia, Baan, MfG/Pro, Oracle would be advantageous)
- Readiness to travel (up to 25% of time)
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time