If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Software Engineer in Eaton’s MTL business, based in Chennai, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Responsibilities will be to assist in building software coding solutions into our current and future HAC product portfolio on CCTV, Signaling and Communications ranges.
- Focus will be on assisting in the quality assurance, performance testing and competitor evaluation in relation to Eaton’s modular system-platform, that will be used in all our future embedded and open software systems. You will work with and under the direction of the existing core engineering teams in Norway, UK and Germany and in accordance with our existing systems where new code will be tested and debugged locally before being implemented to the main system.
- Test of software-modules
- Design of test environments
- Design of test tools
- Assistance in SW risk assessments and code reviews
- Execution of module and system tests during development and extension of automated test environments
- Evaluation of new hardware platforms that the SW will run on, including performance tests
- Competitor teardown and structured analysis of competitor products
- Academic degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, communications engineering or comparable qualification
- 7 – 9 years of work experience is required
- Windows.Net architecture
- C# or C / C++
- MS Team Foundation Server(TFS) and/or Apache Subversion(SVN)
- WCF (Windows Communication Foundation)
- Soap/WebServices – as used in ONVIF communication
- Working with TCP/IP based protocols and using WireShark to debug.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: *RV1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time