Eaton’s Electrical Engineering and Services Division is hiring two Field Service Representative to join our team. This position will be located out of our Laval, CA or Lachine, CA service facility.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, startup, maintenance, repair, training and modification on power transmission, distribution and generation equipment and systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide field service engineering, technical assistance, scheduling and sales support direction to customers in areas of installation, testing, startup, maintenance, repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment;
- Responsible to self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- Deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Performs less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
- Mentor less experienced technicians.
- Provide technical training.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Quebec Electrician license or post-secondary degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Must be bilingual in French and English oral and written.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship no or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within an 80 kilometer radius of Laval, CA or Lachine, CA will be considered.
- Red Seal Interprovincial Journeyman Electrician
- Experience in protective relays preferred.
- Experience in performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis preferred.
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Understanding of the company’s and competitor’s electrical, electronic and mechanical products.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time