Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a OPEX Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Camarillo, CA facility.
The OPEX Manager will lead the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) deployment, training and mentoring at the site. Main job duties center on the creation and implementation of Lean tool and Six Sigma strategies and robust problem-solving techniques, which will lead to improvements in factory margins, product delivery performance, employee safety and reductions in product/process variation. This position is also responsible for leading the execution and deployment of manufacturing processes and continuous improvement/manufacturing efficiency initiatives across the organization. Provides leadership in executing the organization’s strategic plan.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Works through the leadership team to lead the development and implementation of the site Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities.
- Provides site Lean and Six Sigma training and mentoring.
- Conducts Eaton Lean System (ELS) assessments and identifies performance gaps. Works through the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps.
- Conducts Self Operational Assessment (Op A) to drive short-term and long-term business improvements.
- Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- Works through site leadership to lead the site Continuous Improvement Council and corporate Lean initiatives and reporting.
- Assists in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating RIEs, Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc
- Leads in the development of methods and practices to reduce manufacturing variation and support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- Analyzes organizational metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
- Manages plant cost-out activities.
- Drives complete employee engagement and enhancement of problem-solving knowledge at all levels.
- Member of the plant leadership team in the advancement of the organization in the Eaton Business Excellence.
- Develops, gathers and analyzes key organizational quality metrics related to the EPM Balanced Scorecard and performs periodical reviews to evaluate trends and results and establish action plans to provide the necessary improvement at an operational level.
- Identifies “Best in Class” manufacturing best practices and assists in their implementation throughout the site.
- The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in continuous improvement manufacturing operations.
- Must be authorized to work in The United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation offered. Only candidates that currently reside with a 50-mile radius of our Camarillo, CA facility will be considered for this role. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification
- Prior work experience in Aerospace Industry
- Demonstrated experience in Lean and Six Sigma manufacturing methodology, techniques and roadmaps.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in continuous improvement methods, strategic management and project management.
- Excellent communication skills, proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Understanding of PROLaunch or other phase gate project management tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various software applications like MS Office suite, Minitab, Sharepoint.
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams across the organization.5+ years leadership/supervisory responsibilities.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time