Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Sherman, Texas facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing, planning, improving and executing Sherman plant manufacturing engineering activities which includes active participation and leadership of continuous improvement activities, resolution of quality issues, management of capital projects related to plant machinery, manufacturing engineering technical direction, and training of plant personnel regarding equipment and process. The plant has approximately 350 employees.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- You will support initiatives to improve EHS culture; Manage at least one MESH element. You will support continuous improvement including participation in the Sherman LMX3 process towards an individual goal of $380,000 yearly cost reduction.
- You will resolve defects on the floor including direct support of the 8d process through closure within 15 days.
- You will be involved with the development of capital projects up to $500K including scope, requests for quotation, author and oversee capital requests through approval, development of purchase agreements, selection of vendor, resolution of issues, and execution of projects on time and within budget.
- You will represent Sherman in the VAVE and NPI process. Implement actions to support VAVE and NPI projects. You will provide technical expertise for fabrication processes and technologies including laser cutting, punching, stamping, bending, welding, robotics, FIP, and assembly. Develop production capabilities within the plant using these technologies. Maintain knowledge as it evolves worldwide.
- You will participate in daily Gemba walk to maintain knowledge of plant floor issues and provide expertise to resolve issues.
- You will develop Total Productive Maintenance plans for production equipment. Provide ongoing support and evolution of TPM plans. You will create Standard Work documentation for plant processes which support clear expectations through defined methods and equipment. Ensures the efficient integration of new processes and systems into the manufacturing operation.
- You will provide counsel to other functions in the organization relative to production feasibility and process development.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on a permanent basis .
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sherman, TX will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 1 year of engineering experience.
- Experience with Solid Modeling software (Solidworks).
- Project Management Experience.
- Metal Fabrication, welding, painting, automation or robotics experience.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement.
- ISO/QS-9000 or ISO/TS16949 certification experience preferable.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Use.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time