If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Engineer Electrical System Modeling based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The primary responsibility is to perform modeling and simulation for electrification of various Eaton products for electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulics power applications. Candidate must have background or experience in modeling & simulation of power electronics & drives. This includes modeling for electric motors, power transmission & distribution units, inverters, converters, battery, chargers, microgrids and control systems.
- Executes low complexity engineering projects independently. Executes key tasks associated with project independently or by collaborating with cross-functional disciplines. Candidate will be responsible for Internal & External
- Communication, which is critical to success.
- Partners with global teams, understands the design intent, develops and validates models to substantiate the designs of various components & systems.
- Communicates plan and requirements; and coordinates work within the scope of assigned projects.
- Provides technical information and engineering recommendations to projects / processes.
- Develops system / component (mathematical) models related to Power systems, power electronics & drives using Matlab / Simulink or equivalent tools.
- Analyzes & Optimizes design/system through plant (mathematical) model hence Enables Model based designs.
- Communicates effectively to internal stakeholders, Provides innovative solutions or concepts to product engineering partners
- Master’s Degree in Electrical / Systems & Controls / Instrumentation from reputed institute with 1 - 2 years of experience modeling & simulation of power electronics. Having experience working with mechanical / hydraulics power circuits will be added advantage.
- Proven skills in developing and deploying power electronics models
- Exposure to MATLAB/Simulink, Simpower systems or equivalent system modeling tools
Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
Thorough understanding of physics-based system modeling & interfacing with controls for electric components & systems
Working experience with global team
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time