If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Vice President and Head of Technology for Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC), based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
In 2003, Eaton embarked on a journey to set up a best-in-class engineering center in Pune – the Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC). The center has completed more than a decade of growth and has emerged as a major technology research, new product development and sustaining engineering center for Eaton’s global customers.
In the role, you will be part of the Chief Technology Officer’s corporate team and report directly to the EVP/CTO for Eaton. You will responsible for leading and managing the two innovation center campuses based in Pune having approx 2000 engineers and technologists, and to provide overall leadership and direction for the Center working in close collaboration with the CTO staff and the global business leaders. As a high energy leader you will be responsible for managing a team of scientists & engineers working on various aspects of product life cycle with the primary goal of identifying, developing, and maintaining products and services that create significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses.
You will also be responsible for meeting the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets for all research, development and engineering efforts under his/her control, as well as developing and managing relationships with Eaton businesses leaders & stakeholders. At Eaton, we’ve embraced the digital world and our place in it to rethink innovation. We seek passionate leaders that work with power management products and services to lead and support this digital transformation.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Build relationships with universities, government agencies, and development agencies/companies to seek insight into regulatory changes, industry trends and promote Eaton’s capabilities.
- Possess a deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams.
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner.
- Lead by example “Safety-First Mindset”.
- Demonstrate leadership effectiveness in a global setting.
- Have the ability to collaborate with in a highly team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, drive for results, and managerial courage.
- Leverage excellent written & verbal communication skills in dealing with management, employees, customers and suppliers. Executive level communication and presentation skills.
- Provide technical marketing strategies and communicate Eaton’s technology strategy to various stakeholders.
- Prefer Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Mechanical / Electrical / Systems / Controls Engineering / Computer science or equivalent technical field from accredited institutions.
- 15+ years of engineering/technology development experience. 10 years of experience in leading people.
- Expertise in applying Design for Six Sigma & Reliability methodologies in the course of their work.
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to understand and formulate compelling value propositions and to understand and drive through value and adoption chain.
- Leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organization and strong project management experience is required.
- Experience of working in an international environment leading technology / innovation mgmt.
- Experience in effectively coaching and mentoring senior leaders/direct reports.
Experience in developing a high performing, empowered and accountable leadership team to support business growth and to build organizational capability.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time