If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Associate Engineer TS in Eaton’s Sales and Marketing Center, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Bid Manager is Eaton’s main pricing tool across all product lines. Sales, Marketing, and channel partners use Bid Manager to configure and price products and put together commercial bid packages. The candidate will have to develop a strong knowledge of Bid Manager functionality, infrastructure, and takeoff design. The candidate will have to become an expert in the pick tables that provide the functionality, list price of each selection, and configuration to the bid manager takeoffs. The candidate will partner with the product management team to develop, advance, and maintain the configuration, selection, and list prices of the designated takeoffs. The candidate will be required to develop a strong understanding of Eaton’s electrical product offerings at the component and assembly levels and be proficient in the configuration of assemblies in Bid Manager (software calculation tool). Business Support Engineers must consistently exercise the highest level of technical and commercial expertise, discretion and judgment to support the sales and marketing organization and their customers on behalf of Eaton Corporation
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Partner with the product management team to debug, update, and advance the pick tables in each of the Bid Manager takeoffs
· Maintain, demonstrate and expand a high level of expertise in product knowledge and specification interpretation of Electrical low and medium voltage assemblies with their respective devices and all other Eaton products as they pertain to bid manager takeoffs
· Update the pick tables in Bid Manager according to a robust development process that begins with requirement document, software detail changes, extensive testing and release to the QA and Production environment
· Collaborate with the Bid Manager software development team in Pune to advance the team’s capability
· Perform the requested tasks in an efficient and accurate manner
· Provide monthly score card updates on the number of requests, progress, and backlog of requests
· Suggest and implement process improvement ideas to speed up implementation of bid manager requests at a more efficient manner.
· BCA, MCA or bachelor’s degree in engineering with minimum 2 years of experience.
· Software skills preferred ,familiarity with C# language.
· Basic knowledge of electrical equipment’s would have added advantage but not mandatory.
· Leadership skills – according to Eaton Leadership Model – Transparent, Accountable, Passionate, Efficient, Learner and Ethical
· Strong Microsoft office skills.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
· Pursues everything with the drive to accomplish objectives; is proactive.
· Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged
· Promotes teamwork and works across organizational boundaries to deliver results ethically.
· Acts with integrity, makes and keeps commitments by holding self and others accountable
· Takes initiative to develop both personally and professionally.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: *LI- JS1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time