Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join our team in Worcester, MA.
The primary function of the Accounting Supervisor will be to support the Plant Controller in preparing timely and effective analysis and financial reporting for the Worcester Plant. Reports to the Controller, complete timely, efficient and accurate financial transactions to include inventory transactions and payroll. Monitoring of inventory and payables discrepancies, conducts cycle count and assists in the year-end physical inventory. Serves as an IT contact for the plant including maintenance of confidential network and financial data. Perform other accounting functions as needed in order to achieve optimal accounting result.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Analysis of plant operations, including manufacturing studies, cost out analysis, make or buy studies, plant loading, etc.
- Driving the forecast process for manufacturing operations
- Analysis of capital projects
- Support Manufacturing Operations by reviewing all various aspects of plant operations, including, but not limited to manpower analysis, trend analysis, etc. Meeting monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting deadlines is crucial aspect of this position.
- Prepare reviews, analyze and interpret all financial reports for the plant controller and operations management as needed. Communicate results to ensure timely and effective decision making. Participate in the month-end close, forecasting, annual profit plan, and strategic plan processes for the division. Perform Ad hoc analysis for Group Analyst and WHQ teams on various aspects of closing, rolling, profit plan and strategic plan.
- Prepare multiple reporting requests and provide analyses as required including monthly commentary package. Support the monthly closing processes.
- Assist with the annual profit planning process.
- Prepare monthly closing and rolling forecast.
- Ad hoc financial analysis.
- Reconcile and properly account for Capital Spending in accordance with Divisional and Corporate Finance Policies.
- Computes Distributor sales and calculates monthly agent commissions
- Accumulates GSA Federal and State contract sales and calculates monthly and quarterly payments
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 3 years of Accounting experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Worcester, MA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Manufacturing/PRO experience
- Audit/Operations Accounting Experience
- General knowledge of all functional areas specifically Supply Chain.
- An understanding of the tools currently available on the market which can improve efficiency in all areas of the organization. These include EBE, IT hardware and software; Total Quality Management, Finance best practices, Balance Performance Scorecard, Materials Management Techniques; Purchasing systems, manufacturing technology, etc.
- Working knowledge and understanding of major components of Oracle Financial applications.
- Understanding of Encore, Eaton cost out database and Oracle database financial applications, Oracle manufacturing applications, and proprietary databases (Access, etc.) used to populate same and related linkages.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No