Eaton’s Hydraulic Power Motion Control Division is currently seeking a Maintenance Electrician to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Maintenance Electrician will be or maintaining electrical equipment to assure a continuous flow of material through a test cell or work area, as required meeting engineering requirements. Will promote continuous improvement to eliminate defects, improve the testing processes as well as complete safety and preventative maintenance work orders. Expected to be a self-managing, self-motivated member of the test lab infrastructure team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Maintain the machinery including electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment.
- Maintain the electrical infrastructure of the building and ancillary equipment.
- Utilize the tools and equipment of several trades.
- Plan and lay out work relating to repair of electrical and electronic equipment and machinery.
- Install, relocate, and align new and used equipment.
- Maintain accurate repair and maintenance records.
- Comply with all ISO 14001 standards and training requirements.
- Review electrical drawings and schematic for repair and or purchase of new electrical equipment
- Support facility lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Support Instrumentation group as needed per direction of direct supervisor
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.#LI-JL1
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a commercial/industrial electrician with a Minnesota Journeyman license or Master Electrician license.
- No relocation offered. Only candidates that currently reside with a 50-mile radius Eden Prairie, MN will be considered for this role. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- An Associate’s degree in the electrical field from an accredited institution
- Completion of accredited from an electrical apprenticeship program
- Experience with variable frequency drives, medium voltage distribution and ungrounded delta systems.
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and the ability to perform installation, maintenance, trouble shooting and repair on a variety of heavy industrial electrical equipment, including motors, controllers, solid state components, transmissions & distribution equipment as well as general electrical systems
- Capable conduit bender
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Business Services
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time