Eaton’s Corporate Sector is currently seeking an Economic Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary function of the role is to support the economics and corporate development and planning team by conducting economic and market research as well as data analysis. The position will examine economic data from government and industry sources and stay up to date with global economic developments. The position will help create and present key findings and forecasts to business leaders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Conduct economic analysis on key Eaton geographies,
- Create and deliver management presentations on economic and market developments,
- Develop weekly and monthly economic briefings for senior leadership
- Create and maintain economic forecasting models
- Foster relationships with business stakeholders to align on key planning processes,
- Lead data analytics initiatives and key projects
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- An obtained bachelor’s degree in economics and/or finance from an accredited institution by December 2019
- This position does not provide sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in finance, economics, and/or statistics
- Undergraduate 3.5 GPA or greater
- Three (3) years of work experience in economics
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Development Planning
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time