Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI (Badger Drive) Facility.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
As the Senior EHS Analyst, you will provide environmental, health, safety, and security support to a site of approximately 550 employees.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright individuals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Supports site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Supports development, maintenance and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Supports site leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks. Engages all shift and communicates updates on daily basis
- Facilitate engagement of site MESH Team in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Conduct EHS monthly training, support the creation of training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Coordinate IH assessments (noise, hex chrome, & welding.) and employee medical evaluations (example respirators use)
- Attend incident investigations (injuries, incidents, spills, property damage & near misses), manage MESH Prism and on time closure and escalation of all corrective actions in MESH Prism
- Assist with Layer process audits for EHS processes and ensure follow through and closure of findings (SWPP, SPCC, Air permit checks, daily safety walks,...)
- Manages ISO 14001 actions using a project plan approach and provide weekly status updates
- Supporting A3 team with problem solving and supports tier meeting for various value streams
- Participate and lead Emergency Response Team.
- Supports the EHS Manager in the development and implementation of EHS Action Plan including obtaining and maintaining environmental permits as required
- Facilitate effective utilization and operation of facility compliance support systems (example: air compressors, breathing air systems, welding air filtration, building HVAC’s, paint booths, vacuum chambers, hoists & lifting systems, etc).
- Manages any large EHSS (EHS & Security) investment through the site capital planning process
- Executes the EHSS small projects investment allocation including concept design and scoping, initial estimates, and interfacing with construction management
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in environmental, health and safety program management and/or employee EHS training.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of (enter location) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Occupational Safety, Sustainability, Industrial Hygiene or Engineering
- Experience managing OSHA compliance.
- EHS experience with a focus in Safety and worker protection
- Experience managing industrial hygiene programs.
- Experience in heavy industrial setting (Fabrication and Welding).
- Comprehension of industry, state, and country EHS requirements
- Desired strong communication, presentation and influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Strong appreciation for a logical, step-by-step, organized and results-orientated project within agreed upon time lines
- Strong team-building and organizational skills
- Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams and integrate EHS with other functions
- Ability to thrive in matrixed management
- Ability to act as an agent of change; effective in enabling and driving change
- Delivering all communication with clarity, impact and passion and tailored to the audience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time