Eaton’s Fluid Conveyance division is currently seeking a Customer Service Engineer to join our team.
This position is based at our Escobedo facility.
The Customer Service Engineer is responsible for State the primary function or overall purpose of the position.
- Plan, support, coordinate, and lead the activities associated with immediate response to customer for quality, delivery and engineering concerns.
- Act as the interface between the customer, and plants.
- Communicate information to the Hydraulics or any Eaton facilities that supply this customer.
- Develops and maintains processes that support the Customer Satisfaction, QMS, and interfaces with our OEM customer quality teams.
- Ensures processes meet the requirements of customer, ISO and EQS by working with customers and Eaton facilities to meet customer needs.
- Provides leadership to Eaton facilities related to customer quality and expectations.
- Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Support improvement of key quality metrics (PPM, Warranty, Internal PPM, PPAP on time, etc.).
- Supporting 8D issues that impact the region
- Supporting a Six Sigma project whose scope is regional
- Support Kaizen events or BPIs where his/her expertise is required
- Act as Eaton region primary customer contact responsible for:
- Notification of customer quality concerns; first responder customer support including onsite travel and representation
- Coordinating customer containment activities including Eaton plants
- Support customer focus process by coordinating the communication between the customers and Eaton (also vice versa)
- Within OEM: Prepares and presents both reactive and proactive Quality Improvement Plan presentations within region, including:
- Coordinate submission of 8D’s when needed
- Support OEM PPM roadmap
- Support and coordinate containment activities and problem solving
- Within Eaton: Manages containment and corrective actions to:
- Support customer focus
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Review and resolve discrepancies between OEM and Eaton Quality scorecards.
- Maintain and communicate Customer Satisfaction to the organization
- Support Customer Focus processes within region. Perform as a back-up when Customer Focus meeting review lead is absent.
- Support Fresh Eyes audits as required.
- Support changes to Customer Specific Requirements.
- Support deployment for Change Control Process
- Perform relationship reviews with customers
- Participates in and leads OEM Installation assessments as needed
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering, Mechanics or Electronics.
Knowledge of Quality standards (ISO, TS, QS, ISO1400).
Management of measurement tools.
Fluent in English/Spanish (conversational & written).
It is important that the Customer Service Engineer understands the Eaton Business Model. To appropriately interact with the regional, plant functions, and the customers. Supporting deployment of the Customer Focus processes and identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System around this area. Managing resources to support Eaton and customer activities where it is deemed most necessary and cost effective.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time