Eaton’s FMC Division is currently seeking a Lead Buyer to join our team in Jackson, Mississippi.
The procurement lead with direction of the procurement manager and the regional procurement manager will supervise and direct the activities of the junior level buyers on the team which will consist of 4 to 5 buyers. This will include managing the procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services to effectively support the production requirements for the plant; oversee the review and negotiation of purchase price, quality, availability, delivery, and other factors necessary to ensure the overall conformance of materials purchased to manufacturing specifications and overall company production objectives; manage and coordinate materials inventories and services.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead team of buyers (4-5) and manage the procurement of assigned commodities to support the production cycle time requirements of the plant.
- Maintain continuous knowledge of company sales & market trends of products manufactured at the plant to determine current inventory volumes and future materials and inventory needs.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of market changes in the commodities under the responsibility to be purchased to ensure the availability of products/materials for manufacturing functions at competitive prices and within alternate sources of supply to meet production requirements of the plant.
- Oversee the location, selection and development of new and necessary delivery time frames. You will alternate sources of supply to meet production requirements of the plant.
- Develop and maintain effective contacts and working relationships with key suppliers.
- Work with commodity and category manager in preparation of product specifications for bid and manage negotiations with the most favorable prices, quality, delivery time, etc.
- Manage and oversee the award and administration of purchase orders and agreements in accordance with established company policies and procedures
- Support programs for potential cost improvements within the procurement process that will continually improve support to the manufacturing materials availability and timing needs.
- Develop and manage automated information systems to plan, monitor, and coordinate on-going inventory levels to provide maximum support for the production needs of the plant, including the use of VMIC.
- Assist in determining short-term and long-term inventory control needs relative to the availability of materials for manufacturing.
- Assist in planning, recommending, justifying, and managing annual operating budgets and financial targets in accordance with known operational needs, strategies, and objectives.
- Plan and manage training, instruction, and guidance to all subordinate supervisory and other employees to ensure their knowledge of proper equipment and use of accepted work processes and standards.
- Remain knowledgeable of all government contractual requirements for the purchasing department and ensure compliance.
- Lead, coach and develop the plant buyers as well as the buyers that support the plant in the shared service center in Tijuana, Mexico and Pune, India
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school
- 3 years’ of experience in purchasing or 1 year of experience with a Master’s Degree in Supply Chain
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Knowledge of Aerospace industry and manufacturing processes
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3 years of experience in commodity procurement
- 1 year of experience managing people
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision-making.
- Process-oriented and ability contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead change in a matrixed team environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make effective decisions
- Ability to think strategically and influence others’ decision making
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time