Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Quality Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Shawnee, OK facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for monitoring the inspection and testing of materials, parts, and products to ensure adherence to established quality standards. This position will establish inspection protocols, define sampling procedures, and define equipment and mechanisms to be used in the testing process. In this role, you will recommend changes in specifications of materials, parts, and products based on inspection results. You will formulate and revise quality control policies and procedures. You will guide the continuous improvement activities in all areas of manufacturing in support of the Eaton Quality System (EQS) and the Eaton Business System (EBS). This position is considered a working supervisor who validates and coordinates the work of others by directing inspection, test, and metrology activities commensurate to production schedules.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Support manufacturing supervisors, leads, and operators to ensure quality control activities and priorities are set to make sure maximum usage of assigned resources.
- Develop and maintain QC programs complementary to EQS and EBS quality system, corporate objectives and policies.
- Conduct meetings and improvements regularly with quality team to help consistency and teamwork.
- Interpret and support quality policies, procedures, and standard work to ensure compliance with engineering standards and documents.
- Evaluate and recommend alternative procedures for continuous improvement.
- Perform ISO and QMS audits part of the quality program.
- Guide quality control personnel through new practices and certifications.
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the organization and its customers and suppliers to proactively assure that their needs and expectations are understood and satisfied. This includes the implementation and documentation of appropriate corrective / preventive actions.
- Determine process capabilities and identify improvement opportunities. Develop and implement Poka-Yoke (error proofing) methodology throughout the facility. Use Six Sigma methodology and tools to solve complex problems. Apply the lean manufacturing tools as described in the Eaton Lean System.
- Drive operational improvements through the Corrective/Preventive action process (CARE and QAR process).
- Maintain currency in the body of knowledge for an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer.
- Complete the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), or similar systems (i.e. Initial Sample Inspection Report, First Part Sample, etc.), to assure that requirements are met in new or modified products, new or modified purchased components and new or modified processes.
- Design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conduct training in quality-related topics throughout the organization.
- Develop implement and audit control plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures / work instructions.
- Assist in the design of gages, measurement instruments and test equipment. Perform Measurement System Analysis (MSA) throughout the facility and recommend improvements in measurement methodology.
- Develop and execute supplier development plans and activities including implementation and maintenance of all aspects of the Worldwide Integrated Supplier Performance Evaluation Resource (WISPER) at the facility level.
- Motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
Minimum three (3) years of work experience in a Quality role within a manufacturing environment
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
Previous experience in a supervisory or management position
Strong understanding of variation reduction and root cause analysis through utilization of problem solving tools
Well versed in lean concepts, principles & tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Set-up Reduction, Pull Systems and Standardized Work.
Accountable and action-oriented; ability to drive change and business results
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with all organizational levels
Strong facilitation/coaching skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time