Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Shawnee, Oklahoma plant. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This position leads the management of Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (EHS&S) processes at Eaton Corporation’s Shawnee, OK manufacturing facility. The EHS manager supports the creation of a strong culture that engages employees in the achievement of the company’s goal of zero EHS&S incidents.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead creation of site EHS&S targets and objectives (MESH Plan) in support of corporate, regional and business group EHS&S strategic initiatives designed to drive EHS&S culture, compliance, and results.
- Identify action-based EHS&S goals for site leadership team members, functional managers and front-line leaders to support achievement of the site’s EHS&S targets and objectives.
- Manage completion of site and workstation-level risk assessments to identify and prioritize EHS&S aspects and hazards.
- Utilize the company’s EHS&S database (MESH Suite) to manage data related to EHS&S incidents, consumption of natural resources such as water, and EHS&S action plans.
- Lead the deployment of EHS&S element champions and teams and facilitates their engagement in ownership of the activities required to maintain compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- Manage the completion of a campus-wide annual evaluation of compliance with Federal, State, local and company EHS&S requirements.
- Identify and support achievement and maintenance of third-party recognition - such as OSHA Voluntary Protection Program, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 - that establish Eaton’s EHS&S program as world-class.
- Manage development and maintenance of training processes to ensure that required EHS&S training is defined, addresses required content and is tracked to completion.
- Lead site efforts to ensure that key EHS operational
controls are in place and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.#LI-RA1#LI-R
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing environmental, occupational health or safety programs within a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 1 year is supervisory experience is preferred
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Professional certifications recommended (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager or Certified Fire Protection Specialist).
- Experience with ergonomics
- Working Knowledge of cross-functional EHS disciplines.
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Ability to act as an agent of change. Effective in enabling and driving change.
- Ability to communicate with clarity, impact and passion.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage and track multiple projects to completion
- Adept at development and utilization of software solutions.
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage.
- Ability to serve as a corporate subject matter expert in one of the EHS functional disciplines (occupational health, environmental management, safety, security or fire protection)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time