Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Nacogdoches. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will plan, direct and execute engineering projects related to manufacturing methods, processes, facilities, systems and equipment using comprehensive knowledge of existing capabilities and new technology. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will implement of manufacture of new products or product lines with integrating the most efficient processes and the most manufacturable design.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will manage high-visibility, strategic capital projects, manage focused teams, run meetings, execute major equipment purchase contracts, replicate existing equipment, and develop training and operational documentation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Prepare capital expenditure requests
- Leads cost-out events and promotes culture of continuous improvement. Applies lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Develops and maintains robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices.
- Interact with upper management and outside suppliers and agencies, including regulatory personnel.
- Coordinate projects with people at all levels, departments, and facilities within the organization.
- Independently designs and develops projects to support overall company objectives.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel to improve existing processes.
- Provide technical expertise to support daily operations to achieve significant improvement in production related objectives.
- Investigate and resolve safety related projects.
- Perform ergonomic assessments and participate in incident investigations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Capital project experience
- AutoCAD and Inventor experience
- MATLAB experience
- Statistical analysis experience
- Project Management experience
- Controls programming experience
- Ability to perform work with little or no direct supervision
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Results oriented candidate that can drive the necessary activities to get things accomplished.
- Ability to lead and work cross functionally
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time