Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Quality Technician to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
This position requires ability to lead the design and development of Wire Management products and Power Distribution and Control (PD&C) systems for harsh and hazardous environments and therefore the incumbent must have skills in mechanical design. It is also highly desired to possess skills in controls and electrical design. The incumbent must be capable of making engineering judgments regarding product problems and deviations from established standards and be able to recommend solutions suitable to maintain the integrity of the product.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Review non-conformance NCMR tag information for: accuracy of information, “Root Cause” problem responsibility at the dept. level and resolve issues of complete or incorrect tag information prior to data entry. Correct tag information as required
- Review other document information including drawings, part lists, EBOM’s, computer reports, etc. Performs dimensional reviews/functional tests to verify non-conformance information
- Contacts vendors to return non-conformance parts/materials. Generates necessary packing slips, L-orders, and shipping information to return material. Obtains VISTA return number for inter-unit non-conformance parts/materials. Generates DMR/CA document to vendors utilizing the WISPER System. Follows-up to ensure that corrective action is provided
- In a timely manner, using mechanical and electrical measurement devices, inspect incoming and made-in-house parts per specified procedures and requirements
- Electronically record measurements and part rejections and Perform Supplier Assessments with the aid of WISPER documentation
- Coordinate with design engineering and suppliers the resolution to any deviation from printed drawings and specifications
- Performs and manages required supplier PPAP’s – Production Part Approval Process and First Article Inspection (FAI)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Completed Associate Degree from an accredited institution and 3-5 years operational or technical experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Able to understand and discuss mechanical, electrical and electronic concepts.
- Strong understanding of engineering systems and processes (Design and COD/COE inputs/outputs)
- Accurate interpretation of blueprint information for inspection purposes.
- Strong computers skills. (Windows, Microsoft Office, AS400, WISPER, Calibration Database and VISTA)
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong communications skills. Will act as a company quality representative with Suppliers
- Strong problem solving skills. Strong negotiation/conflict resolution skills with front-end, shop, and Vendors (including inter-unit.)
- Ability to independently perform dimensional checks/functional tests on non-conformance parts/materials utilizing calipers, micrometers, height gauges, hardness testers, fixtures, manufacturing aids, power tools, hand tools, etc.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No