Eaton Corporation in Sumter, SC is currently seeking Machine Operators on B - shift to join our team.
Providing knowledge and expertise on lines through the effective set up and operation of machinery including but not limited to Brake Press, Franklin, Turret Punch, Tap Machine, Manual Shear, etc. Provide internal and external customers with the required parts necessary to complete customer orders in a timely manner with the utmost of quality.
- Set up, operate and perform operator periodic maintenance on a variety of machines in the Copper Bus Shop. Individuals
- will be responsible for running machines such as: Franklin Punch, Boschert, Conventional Turret Punch, Vertical and
- Horizontal Brakes, Bus Shear, Leveler, Notcher, and Tapper.
- Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position.
- Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production
- process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
- Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a
- timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments
- and/or projects as assigned.
- Comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and
- operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and
- Keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
- Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members
- regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the
- production process.
- Perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and
- environmental safety and health.
- When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Machine operator experience or graduate of a machine certificate program.
- Experience reading blueprint, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
- Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No