Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking a Cost Accountant in the new Aguascalientes, Mexico location.
The Cost Accountant will assist the facility in the financial statement preparation / analysis, developing operating forecasts, compiling division / corporate reports / request and manage internal control. Perform accounting tasks of a difficult nature while following general instructions with a fair degree of discretion allowed for work interpretation. The position requires a high understanding of the accounting systems including the ability to modify or develop new procedures to accomplish assignments.
- Observe and implement Internal Controls in plant, develop and keep internal procedures aligned to Corporate and Divisional policies
- Complete financial budgets, forecasts and Profit Plan activities
- Prepare financial analysis for management, including analysis of main variances to forecast and profit plan related to material price and usage, and changes in routes
- Lead annual Burden Rates definition and Inventory Roll up processes, analyze and define costs for new products in plant.
- Lead inventory actions such as physical inventory, cycle counts, inventory adjustments, analysis of excess and obsolete and shrinkage
- Assure all inventory transactions are properly booked to avoid unexpected impacts to financial results
- Support Stars & Dogs analysis by comparing current expenses to standard cost
- Support activities related to flex productivity
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations and ensure meet guidance on second balance sheet reviews
- Complete assigned EHS actions items. (BBS, report near misses, accomplish with MESH requirements: EHS programs, training, etc.)
- Perform CI tasks (CI trainings, cost out validation, process improvements, usage of lean tools for problem solving)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related financial field from accredited institution
- 3-5 years of experience in financial departments
- Working knowledge of accounting and finance
- High computer skills and communication abilities
- Proficient in MS Office toolset
- Bilingual (Spanish / English)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- SAP / Oracle business system experience.
- Master’s degree
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
- Limited travel may be required (<10%)
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many cross functional teams
- Achieving Performance Excellence (APEX) goals and development plan
- Finance BSC (IC AP, 21800 accounts, 2BSR result, MRO expense, etc.)
- Completion of assigned projects
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time