Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Sr Manufacturing Engineer join our team. This position is based in Cuautitlan.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Sr Manufacturing Engineer provides day to day support to production cells on Manufacturing Engineering related matters to ensure availability for assembly processes & equipment to collaborate on Production’s metrics & goal achievement, meeting all times with the applicable Safety, Quality, Health & Environmental and Human Resources policies and procedures.
The Manufacturing Sr Engineer is responsible of:
- Ensure Process & Assembly equipment, tooling and fixtures are always available for Production
- Ensure Process & Assembly equipment is into ATS Preventive maintenance schedule and verify it complies with measurement standard and it’s effective.
- Ensure Process & Assembly tooling, fixtures and special tools complies with the required standards with the max /min inventory.
- Keep record and maintain all drawings, spare parts list and technical information for equipment, tooling, fixtures and special tools
- Drives Continuous Improvements opportunities to process & assembly equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Develop and implement error proofing systems to the equipment assigned.
- Implement standardization of standard work and manufacturing best practices.
- Participate in the cell team to achieve metrics on High Five metrics.
- Ensure the engineering changes are executed as planned to avoid temporary deviations.
- Evaluate and issue temporary deviations for manufacturing processes if needed.
- Support the training in order to develop technicians or operators as required.
- Attend customer complains ( 8D ) and implement corrective action.
- New products – develop the tooling’s or process for new products
- Capital Projects.
- Support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals and/objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering in the same industry field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Electromechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Experienced in automation process and familiar with PLC programing.
- Proven and solid experience in AutoCAD
- Experience in designing and implementing fixtures.
- Green Belt certification (desirable)
- Fluent in English/Spanish
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time