Eaton’s Power Quality division is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for implementing software solutions for advanced three phase power products. The position is responsible for designing, developing and testing embedded software for UPS and other three phase power systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop embedded software using C, C++ for ARM / DSP processors for three phase power systems using agile processes
- Champion innovative solutions in a variety of aspects of embedded software
- Lead technical aspects of product development, responsible for meeting schedule, cost and product performance goals
- Develop and proposes innovative technical solutions to complex problems
- Evaluate alternative solutions to satisfy emerging customer wants and needs
- Work with control system experts to develop algorithms that control Inverters, Rectifiers and DC/DC converters
- Analyze existing code modules and techniques to determine advantages and deficiencies
- Analyze the power system architecture and requirements to develop technical solutions to achieve product requirements
- Keep track of latest embedded software strategies, processes and tools. Applies knowledge to power electronics applications
- Develop engineering documentation including software requirements specification, design verification test plans, product configuration specifications, user interface specifications
- Work with global software teams to develop products and achieve software releases
- Troubleshoot and debug embedded code and track software and operational “bugs” to closure
- Lead firmware and functional design reviews at various product development stages
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years or programming experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Extensive experience in developing, coding and troubleshooting real-time software
- Extensive experience programming in C, C++, in an embedded environment.
- Experience with version control repository hosting services such as Bitbucket, SVN
- Experience in three phase power systems, power electronics and power conversion topologies is a plus.
Ability to work as an individual contributor as well as a team member on new product development projects.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time