Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking Supply Chain Technician (Storeroom -2nd shift) to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility. Note: this position is located at our Highway 72 facility.
In the Material Handler, position you will receive and issue raw materials, assemblies, sub-assemblies, tools and supplies and forward all necessary paperwork to computer services for data entry, assist the planners and buyers on material availability related processes and box, pack and ship finished product and all raw materials, as appropriate.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- You will use a variety of material handling equipment and hand tools to unload and load trucks arriving or leaving from receiving area and for placing material in the proper bin location or delivering material to the wok centers.
- You will proactively identify opportunities for process improvement as well as complete root cause analysis in response to issues with quality or production.
- You will be responsible for quality, including visual inspections of material before shipping, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
- You will cross train and stand in for other employees/job functions when necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Minimum three (3) months of experience operating a powered industrial vehicle (e.g., forklift)
- Minimum three (3) months of experience utilizing Eaton system controls including material management (DMM) and MRP/ERP (AS400)
- Minimum 3 months of experience using hand and air tools
- South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment. Willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No