Data Migration Lead Analyst
Location: Hungary - Budapest
The Data Migration Lead Analyst is responsible for ensuring the assigned Data Migration activities are delivered within the agreed project timescales. Working with other IT staff and functional leaders to invoke standard processes through the implementation of strategic ERP platforms.
Involved during the full project lifecycle by assisting the Project Managers in the migration of data from legacy IT systems to the Eaton Electrical ERP Platforms and should advise on the data extraction and mapping and then perform and control the upload of data.
The position is not limited to data migration activities only. This role can be seen as a specialized technical analyst and will follow the development standards and training guidelines of this team. In some situations also native technical analyst type of work will be assigned.
- Work in partnership with business users, ERP Lead Analysts on ERP data needs and the necessary data mapping requirements.
- Work closely with Project Manager to align data migration timelines against project timelines;
- Demonstrate very good communication skills, to keep an open and clear communication to all parties involved in data migration activities;
- Execute the data migration strategy – understanding the source data – the mapping rules – and the upload routines.
- Understand all the data dependencies across the Master Data elements and Transactional Data elements.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, to critically evaluate the data presented and mapped from the multiple sources, reconcile data conflicts, decompose high-level data into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding.
- Understand how data relates to business requirements and processes – in line with Strategic ERP solutions and Eaton standards.
- Work with the business users to ensure the correct level of checking of migrated data objects occurs through the necessary test and production systems.
- Setup the necessary tools used for uploading the data.
- Map, convert and upload the data into target system.
- Run the programs that upload the data into interface tables.
- Check and debug the occurred errors.
- Mentor and coach new analysts that join the data migration team.
- Learn new modules, database schemas and programming techniques to provide value to our business by enhancing self-knowledge and capability
- Will assist in project implementations around the globe by the performing the required development
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on SAP LSMW, Data Migration – than please apply.
- Over 2 years of ERP Data Migration experience
- End-to-End ERP Implementation Project Experience
- College Graduate or equivalent experience
- Development skills in at least one strategic ERP system
- Knowledge about data migration tools
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No