Reporting directly to the Director - Ethics and Compliance EMEA & APAC, the Counsel-GEC provides strategic leadership for Eaton’s GEC program with a specific focus on all countries except for China. The incumbent will: promote and champion a culture of integrity that prizes ethical decision-making and speaking up; develop and deploy a strategy for executing GEC initiatives, including oversight of internal investigations, training and communications, risk management, and compliance priorities.
leadership and strategic oversight:
• Provide advice and counsel to India and Southern Asia regional business leaders on ethics and compliance issues, trends, and programs.
• Develop and deploy a strategy that addresses the unique legal, regulatory and cultural implications in the India and Southern Asia region and aligns with the business’s key strategic initiatives.
• Promote ethical decision-making, share trends, best practices, and lessons learned, and reinforce the Company’s commitment to Doing Business Right.
Lead Internal Investigations:
• Lead internal investigations of all matters reported through the Help Line for the APAC region (excluding China). Communicate with reporters, identify issues and risks, develop investigation strategies and plans, identify appropriate resources to support the investigation, gather evidence, including interviewing witnesses, and write investigation reports.
• Escalate matters as appropriate to business stakeholders. Develop recommendations for resolution of matters and the execution of action/mitigation
plans. Ensure accountability and consistency in discipline and corrective actions.
• Provide oversight, coaching and direction to individuals conducting investigations, such as HR, Finance, Internal Audit, and Law.
Develop and Deploy Training and Communications:
• Create, develop, and deploy training for leaders, employees, and third parties in India and Southern Asia region.
• Develop and deploy regional communications to educate regional leaders and employees on the Code of Ethics, share regional trends, issues, and lessons learned, and reinforce Eaton’s commitment to Doing Business Right.
• Provide oversight on the deployment of compliance initiatives in the India and India and Southern Asia region, including the annual risk assessment, anti-bribery and corruption, third party due diligence program, and data protection program, ensuring adherence to all and related processes, policies and procedures for each program.
• Provide oversight of risk assessment and mitigation activities for the India and Southern Asia region through collaboration with regional business leaders and functional leaders in Audit, Finance, Law, HR and other areas.
• Admitted to practice law / member of the bar
• Minimum 15 years of experience leading complex corporate internal investigations and/or legal compliance program
• Must be able to travel up to 25%, some globally
• Must be fluent in English and Hindi
• Law Graduate / post Graduate
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership role in Ethics and Compliance for a U.S. multinational
• Demonstrated experience conducting and managing complex corporate
investigations involving all areas of compliance, including corruption, financial fraud, theft, conflicts of interest, government contracts, and other sensitive issues, including matters potentially involving criminal conduct
• Ability to maintain discretion and protect confidentiality, interface with law
enforcement and appropriate government relations and representatives.
• Thorough knowledge of business operations, standards, values, code of ethics and regulations affecting ethics and compliance
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with compliance risk areas,
including anticorruption, FCPA, UK Bribery Act, and other anti-bribery laws and regulations
• Demonstrated experience working with senior executives, including developing and presenting strategy, advocating and influencing, coaching and advising, and providing direct feedback.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time